CaseStudyU returns to ITEXPO Las Vegas joined by experts from American Cancer Society, NV Energy, UNLV, State of Nevada, State of Washington and more
NORWALK, CT – July 15, 2014 – TMC and Connect2 Communications today announced CaseStudyU will return to ITEXPO Las Vegas on August 12, 2014, at The Rio in Las Vegas, Nevada. CaseStudyU is a unique opportunity to hear the latest business technology strategies directly from the leading CIOs and technology executives who are implementing them. Sessions are formatted to provide real-world insight on successful enterprise network approaches, as well as those that may remain a challenge. Attendees will gather insight on cloud deployment techniques, managed services, enterprise mobility, WAN optimization, unified communications and more.
“Today’s business technology environment is constantly evolving, and with new products being brought to market everyday it can be challenging for the IT department to keep up. CaseStudyU provides expert advice from some of the nation’s leading organizations and businesses that have tested new networking approaches and can answer questions about anything from ROI and ease-of-deployment to installation hiccups and security implications,” said Rich Tehrani, TMC CEO and conference chairman. “Whether you are a CIO yourself or an IT manager looking for valuable resources for your next big deployment, CaseStudyU is an event you don’t want to miss.”
CaseStudyU will provide the who, what, when and why of IT. Sessions will explore topics currently buzzing in the industry and provide the knowledge to help attendees make the right decisions on which new trends might be best utilized by their business. The interactive series of panels will follow a Q&A format moderated by leading industry analysts and editors, including Derek Slater, editor-in-chief of Enterprise IT and Finance Groups for FierceMarkets; Tessa Parmenter, site editor for TechTarget’s SearchEnterpriseWAN; and Erik Linask, editorial director for Internet Telephony. The current CaseStudyU agenda and speakers include:
- Keynote Roundtable: IT and IP Converge—What Comes Next?: This keynote discussion will explore best strategies for integrating the former IP and IT silos into a unified network. How will technologies and platforms impact both networks and what mobile, cloud and Web-based services can—and should—be leveraged. Topics for discussion include security implications, resource allocation, needed development, as well as a look at what the key priorities are for the coming year. Speakers Include David Gustafson, chief information officer for the State of Nevada; Dr. Lori Temple, vice provost of information technology at UNLV; and Bill Schier, OCIO for the State of Washington.
- The Year of the Hybrid Cloud: As the cloud services market continues to evolve, it has become clear that the hybrid cloud will play a key role in how enterprises, governments, education and small business move forward. During this panel, CIOs and IT leaders will discuss what mix works best for them, and what still needs to be done to ensure that any combination of public and private cloud meets their operational, security and management criteria. Speakers include James Gilbride, CIO for Dental Select; and Jason Mendenhall, EVP of Cloud for Switch.
- Everything-as-a-Service: Fact, Fiction and the New Realty of Managed Services: Platform-as-a-Service, Software-as-a-Service, Encryption-as-a-Service…and the list goes on and on as companies try to leverage the cost and operational benefits of managed and hosted services. During this panel, CIOs and IT leaders will discuss what makes the most sense of today’s hosted service offerings, and what they’d like to see move to this model as the market develops.
- Mobile Device Management, BYOD and the Real Impact of Enterprise Mobility: The sheer number of devices now accessing the corporate LAN is staggering and the amount of bandwidth they are demanding continues to grow. How does IT keep end users connected without jeopardizing core business IT functions? What are the risks of enabling so many users and devices to access the network and does the risk ever outweigh the productivity gains? This panel of IT execs will discuss their plans for managing the wide variety of mobile devices and users and how they will scale or limit bandwidth moving forward. Speakers include William Olsen, director of infrastructure services for NV Energy; Louis Carr, CIO for Clark County, Nevada; and John Andrews, CIO at Dysart Unified School District.
- Best Practices for Optimizing the Enterprise WAN: We all want to know how to make our network perform better for the right users at the right time. What policies are most effective at allowing businesses to shape traffic and bandwidth? How do CIOs plan to tackle the rising tide of high-bandwidth applications, lock down on recreational network use and keep core IT functions operating efficiently? This panel will address the changing needs as it relates to WAN optimization and network resource allocation and what the priorities are for CIOs over the next 18 months. Speakers include Jason T Burns, VP/CIO for Hunter Roberts Construction Group.
- Jumping to the Cloud: Overcoming Obstacles and Creating a Secure Framework: For some companies, moving to the cloud is a no brainer; however, for others, there are significant hurdles that need to be addressed before deploying. This session will highlight specific hurdles that CIOs have encountered and how they’ve overcome these obstacles. It will examine how cloud services can be integrated into the company’s overall networking and security framework, and what tools are being used to keep the integrity of the network intact.
- Decoding UC ROI: What Metrics Matter Most: Unified communications (UC) promises to streamline business processes and make employees’ communications easier and more efficient. However, UC adoption has yet to take off. What’s missing? What elements does your business need from UC in order to justify investment? How have other businesses achieved ROI? This panel of CIOs and IT execs will talk about their experiences with UC, or what else they need to see before taking the plunge. Speakers include Simon Bettis, director of information & technology services for Jefferson Union High School District.
In addition to the sessions and speakers listed above, Jay Ferro, CIO for the American Cancer Society will keynote at ITEXPO on Wednesday, August 13, at 1:30 pm. Ferro is responsible for the people, strategy and operations of the American Cancer Society’s global information technology organization.
If you are interested in speaking at CaseStudyU, please contact Jas McDonald at Jasmian@connect2comm.com. Speaker slots are reserved for technology end-users only; technology vendors need not to apply.
The full ITEXPO conference and expo will be held August 11-14, 2014, at The Rio in Las Vegas. Registration for Case Study U and ITEXPO is now open. Contact Frank Coppola at 203-852-6800 x131 for more information. For media registration, contact Ashley Baster.
ITEXPO is proudly sponsored by Diamond Sponsor Schmooze Com; Platinum Sponsors Content Boost, Interactive Intelligence, NETXUSA, Sansay and 888VoIP; and Gold Sponsors ABP Tech, ADTRAN, BroadVoice, Icon Cloud Solutions, NetSapiens, Sotel Systems, Taqua, Vitelity and Yealink.
For information about exhibitor or sponsorship opportunities for ITEXPO, contact Joe Fabiano, 203-852-6800 x132 or Maureen Gambino, (203) 852-6800 x109.
For the latest Case Study U news, updates and information, follow @CaseStudyU.
TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients' goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMC publishes multiple magazines including Cloud Computing, M2M Evolution, Customer, and Internet Telephony. CaseStudyU is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by as many as 1.5 million unique visitors monthly. TMC produces a variety of trade events, including ITEXPO, the world's leading business technology event, as well as industry events: Asterisk World; AstriCon; ChannelVision (CVx) Expo; Currency 2.0; Customer Experience (CX) Hot Trends Symposium; DevCon5 - HTML5 & Mobile App Developer Conference; FreePBX World; LatinComm Conference and Expo; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; SmartVoice Conference; Software Telco Congress; Super Wi-Fi Summit - The Global Spectrum Sharing and TV White Space Event; SIP Trunking, Unified Communications & WebRTC Seminars; Wearable Tech Conference & Expo III; Fitness and Sports Wearable Technology (FAST) Expo II, WebRTC Conference & Expo IV; and more. Visit TMC Events for additional information.
About Connect2 Communications
Founded in 2003, Connect2 Communications is a full-service agency specializing in providing public relations and marketing support to a broad range of technology companies. The agency has developed a highly successful track record building programs tailored for individual clients that articulate key value propositions to constituent audiences. Whether a high-tech firm is ready to go to market with its first product, or is an established market player seeking continued expansion, Connect2 Communications' professionals provide the creativity, experience and commitment to significantly accelerate clients' business growth. Connect2 Communications serves global clients from its base office in Wake Forest, NC. For more information, visit www.connect2comm.com
Media and Analyst Contact:
Edited by Maurice Nagle